Walton on Trent Parish Council

Serving the people of Walton on Trent

Clerk RFO: Ian Bentley
P O Box 8524, Burton on Trent
Staffordshire DE14 9PF

Tel: 07946 328567

  • Book a Room at our Village Hall...contact the Parish Clerk at clerk@waltonontrent.org,uk

Walton on Trent Parish Council provides YOUR local services. We strive to make Walton on Trent a better place to live, work and visit. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Find local groups and businesses in our community directory. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find what you want or would like to recommend any improvements to our website then please contact us.

Latest News

Universal Credit Guide

Posted: Wed, 12 May 2021 11:51 by Parish Clerk

Universal Credit Guide

Due to the impact of Coronavirus over 5.5 million people are claiming Universal Credit. Many of them are new to claiming Universal Credit having been negatively impacted by Coronavirus. More »

In order to help local people navigate claiming Universal Credit please see the below link to the Universal Credit guide https://www.jobcentrenearme.com/universal-credit/ » Less

Gresley Male Voice Choir

Posted: Sat, 08 May 2021 14:46 by Parish Clerk

Gresley Male Voice Choir

Are you ready to try a new challenge after lockdown?

If so come and join the well-respected choir where a warm and friendly welcome can be assured.

Gresley Male Voice Choir simply cannot wait to get back together and do what they enjoy doing, singing. More »

If you think this might be something you would like to try, then contact them for further information at


07736932923 » Less

Podback Scheme

Posted: Sat, 08 May 2021 14:34 by Parish Clerk

South Derbyshire District Council is one of two in the UK to offer recycling for used coffee pods in a new partnership with Podback.

Podback is a consortium of the leading coffee pod manufacturers.

Households will be able to sign up to recycle their used plastic and aluminium coffee pods in separate bags weekly alongside their brown and black bin collections. More »

This includes coffee pods from Nespresso, NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto, Tassimo, L'OR and Starbucks.

People can register for the new service at www.podback.org there will also be a link to the site from the Council's website www.southderbyshire.gov.uk/podback

Podback will send them a roll of bags for recycling aluminium or plastic coffee pods. Once received, they start recycling straight away.

The plastic and aluminium pods are processed separately to produce plastic pellets and aluminium ingots. The plastic pellets will be used by manufacturers to produce high grade plastic items, like garden furniture, while the aluminium ingots can create drinks cans, car spare parts and other everyday objects.

South Derbyshire District Council and Cheltenham Borough Council are the first two in the country to offer the service with more councils expected to offer this in the coming year. » Less