Vacancy for Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
WALTON ON TRENT PARISH COUNCIL
VACANCY FOR PARISH CLERK/RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
Applications are invited for the post of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer.
Walton on Trent is the furthest southern village in Derbyshire, with a population of c676 electors. The annual precept for 2021/22 is £7,378.00. There are six councillors on the Parish Council and the council are actively recruiting to ensure the full complement of eight.
The Clerk is the Proper Officer to the Parish Council. Duties include:
- Attendance at meetings - held the second Monday of the month at 7pm
- The preparation of meeting agendas and the taking of accurate minutes of Parish Council meetings.
- Keeping accurate financial records, banking, invoices, and payment of accounts.
- Setting the council's budget, liaising with auditors, preparing end of year accounts.
- Acting on decisions and resolutions taken at council meetings.
- Dealing with correspondence from Councillors, members of the public and external organisations.
- Maintaining and updating the council's website.
- Responsibility for a Village Hall.
- Line management of a Lengthsman
The successful applicant will have:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good IT skills.
- An understanding of basic accounting processes.
- An ability to understand and interpret local government law.
- Ability to work on their own.
- A relevant qualification (CiLCA) or the willingness to work towards achieving this.
- Knowledge of the area would also be an advantage.
The Clerk will be required to work from home, for which an allowance is paid. They will also have their own transport and expenses are paid for mileage undertaken in pursuance of council business. A laptop and phone will be provided.
The council would require the successful candidate to work some set hours to cover meetings and the total hours will be between 6-10hrs per week (this is based on a core 6hrs per week but you will need to be available to work up to 10hrs where workload demands). The council holds 11 parish council meetings per year and these are currently held on Monday evenings.
Training will be offered as appropriate, and remuneration will be based on experience, but within the LC2 SCP 24 to 28, £14.90 to £16.75 per hour.
Closing Date: Wednesday 31 March 2021
Interview Date: TBC after the Easter Holiday
Application: To apply please send a current CV plus a letter of application giving full details of relevant experience, suitability for the job and reasons for applying in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact:
Tel: 0771 9599132
Cllr Andrea Barnes
Tel: 07808 095 790
Posted: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 14:11 by Parish Clerk